Storrs Gate House are pleased to recommend these websites for information on what to do, where to go and who to know in the Lake District. We’re happy to add your relevant link to this page in return for a link back to our site – please contact us for more information.
- Sail’n’Dine – An opportunity to experience the English Lake District from Lake Windermere combined with fine wines and first class food aboard a 30 foot yacht. Visit Sail’n’Dine for more information.
- Country Lanes – cycle hire, self-guided cycle tours, bespoke holidays and corporate events. Country Lanes website.
- The Lake District Walker – runs guided walks throughout the year all over the Lake District with at least four walks each week. For more information visit The Lake District Walker website.
- Blackwell - Lakeland Arts and Crafts House with Tea Room just around the corner from Storrs Gate House. Blackwell website.
- Holker Hall – Historic stately home near Grange over Sands featuring gardens, gift shop and food hall, restaurant and tea rooms. Holker Hall website.
- Levens Hall – Well known for its gardens and topiary, Levens Hall is a Historic House and Garden on the South Lakes peninsula. Levens Hall website.
- Sizergh Castle – A beautiful medieval house near Kendal extended in Elizabethan times, surrounded by rich gardens and estate in Cumbria’s limestone country. Sizergh Castle is now owned and maintained by the National Trust.
- Rydal Mount – Historic home and gardens of William Wordsworth. Rydal Mount website.
- Windermere Lake Cruises – Year round cruises on Lake Windermere. Visit Windermere Lake Cruises website.
- Hot Air Balloon Flights - High Adventure – Enjoy a champagne hot air balloon flight in the Lake District with High Adventure.
- Esthwaite Water Trout Fishery – Esthwaite Water is the largest stocked lake in the North West of England. For more information visit Esthwaite Water Trout Fishery website.
- The World of Beatrix Potter - Visit the Beatrix Potter Emporium in the centre of Bowness-on-Windermere – Peter Rabbit gifts and The Tailor of Gloucester Tea Room.
- Outdoor Activity Specialists – let Destination Cumbria plan and book your activities for you. The visitor information service who bring you and adventure together.
- The Happy Hiker – Provides free simple to follow directions for various walking routes, including GPS downloads and gives basic advice on a variety of walking issues
- Fly fishing tuition - a Kendal based company offering fly fishing and fly casting tuition.
- Steve Crawford Travel – Lake District tours – leave the car at Storrs Gate House and see more of the beautiful lake district in comfort – doorstep collection and drop off
- Wedding Studio – Geraldine Ophide – create stunning bespoke wedding table decor, chair cover hire and wedding favours for your most special day.
- For a wealth of information visit Lake District Directory - a comprehensive guide to the Lake District.
Helpful and informative links:
UK and Ireland School Holidays Half Term Dates We list all the UK and Ireland school holidays on one website, a great source of tourist information.
Many of the photographs on our website have been taken by Chris Ogden. Visit his website at www.chrisogdenphotography.co.uk for more information.
Sign up to receive the latest special offers by email from Storrs Gate House! Simply enter your email address in the box below.
... In 42 years of travel, this is by far the best guest house we have ever been in. Thank you so much.
Michael & Ann – Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Notts